“Leaders establish the vision for the future and set the strategy for getting there; they cause change. They motivate and inspire others to go in the right direction and they, along with everyone else, sacrifice to get there.”
||BASIC Diversity′s Role:
One of the biggest mistakes organizations make with their diversity & inclusion initiatives is devising a plan that is counter productive to their overall mission. Your diversity initiative should NEVER detract from your mission. Instead it should attack the barriers that detract from your mission.
BASIC Diversity will partner with you and use our experience and expertise to:
- Assist you in devising your long-term and short-term diversity objectives.
- Create, refine and communicate your diversity business case.
- Provide advice and counsel empowering you to reach your diversity objectives.
- Provide training to ensure the successful completion of your goals.
THE STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT PROCESS:
We will utilize our "7-A Strategic Diversity Process" to custom design your diversity strategy. This is a holistic process to create an inclusive environment that:
- Saves money
- Increases productivity
- Improves recruiting & retention
- Helps stave off a talent shortage; and
- Increases innovation & creativity
- Assign key roles and responsibilities
- Identify your business drivers.
- Map out where you want to be.
- Audit your current diversity climate
- Select & train Diversity Team
3. Analyze (Planning)
- Determine stepping-stones.
- Build on existing strengths.
- Eliminate weaknesses.
4. Announce (Communications)
- Engage & inform key stakeholders.
- Motivate the masses.
- Develop a clear & concise Diversity Statement.
- Weave the diversity message throughout every mainstream communication vehicle.
5. Act (Implementation)
- Adjust internal processes, practices and systems.
- Custom design educational programs.
- Conduct training.
- Diversity Improvement Process
- Organize, develop and facilitate Diversity Councils and/or tasks forces (optional).
6. Ascertain (Measure)
- Measure the achievement of objectives.
- Measure the impact of programs and activities.
- Compile data and present reports.
- Celebrate the successes.
7. Adjust (Modify)
- Modify processes as necessary.
- Adjust areas that fell short of success.
- Determine new stepping-stones.
- Award achievement!!!